Sunday, October 23, 2011

Until I laid it down

Every time I laid my burdens down, I picked them up again
thinking I could handle the weight on my own
through the heart breaks I thought I was strong
I turned back to my same old ways, my same old loss

As time went by I grew more tired than before
my life becoming a waste in my own despair
joy stripped by the years and all the pain I kept with me
every time I laid my burdens down, I picked them up again

I never trusted you with all my devotion
I walked around in fear, keeping my vulnerbility to myself
My heart burdened and the lines on my face hardened

In my silence I found no peace, but when I listened I found hope
when I tried to win your favor I always came up short
until I laid it all down I found exactly what I was made for

I was made to stand in awe of all your glory
I was made to surrender all I ever wanted to you
I was made to come as I am and be loved

I would never know who I'm supposed to be if I didn't lay my all down to you

No comments:

Post a Comment