Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Boldness and Freedom

The truth can be hard to accept alot of times, oddly enough when its good we often find its too good to be true. That is my experience with Jesus, he is perfect, unexplainable, if he was not perfect than the truth would lose its power, its majesty. In a place where most things are not what they seem and there always seems to be that fine print it causes us to fear being vulnerable. My friend and I are taking scripture from the bible and inwardly mediating upon the fine print written on our hearts. We are intentionally pulling out the deception we have grown accustomed to and we are learning to unharden our hearts to become like clay so we can mold our beliefs towards the promises that Jesus is truth and his word is alive.

The first verse I'm exploring is "I can approach the throne of God with boldness and freedom"
Ephesians 3:12

To me that means I can come as I am with questions, struggles, a heavy heart, frustrations, and I can tell him my desires, wants, and  needs. To me it means I can tell God all these things and find that I'm accepted, I'm loved, I'm wanted, I'm needed. There is nothing more freeing than being loved beyond rules and regulations, there is nothing more freeing than knowing Christ has given me a passion for life, for wanting more, for hoping, for dreaming and the perfection of Jesus lives in me. There is no limit or boundary on what God can do or who I become through him. That is bold and that is freeing and there is no fine print or exceptions on the love God has for a willing heart!

I don't want my own experiences that turned out to be too good to be true to diminish or blind my spirit to the fact that holiness and lovliness are still alive.  The truth no one can taint or destroy is the very heart and spirit of Jesus. Approach the throne of God with boldness and freedom with  your struggle, desire, and hope. Pray for a life renewed by the truth that Jesus gives and the life the word breaths.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE.IT. His love seems to good to be true doesn't it. especially when he takes in as we are when many have turned us away. but praise Him that indeed His love is truer than true and everlasting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so beautiful. God's love is just so pure and unconditional.
    It is hard to believe sometimes that we are loved even in our darkest times. This was truly inspirational.

    ReplyDelete