Sunday, April 21, 2013

Desires of your Heart


"Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart."

When I read that verse in the past I struggled to understand the meaning of it. I used to think that if I was super obedient he will bless me, however as time passed I thought that doesn't seem like truth, thinking that if I am obedient I should get whatever I want or will get whatever I want. Today at church I was reminded that by delighting in the Lord and who he is with all our hearts we will find he is the desire of our hearts and he is the one we are longing for. 

He is the healing to a heart that can't mend, he is the second (or 100th)chance when everyone else says no, when we think no one understands our suffering, he is El Roi who sees, when we are tired and weary, he is our strength. When we think we are not enough, he says come as you are.

This truth melts into my heart and gives me joy, hope, and patience. Delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart friend. He gives what no one else can, he fills us up when we are empty, he gives us wings like eagles. I am learning to center my heart on Jesus because that is where my heart is aligned with his righetousness being glorified.


1 comment: