Friday, October 26, 2012

Prayers

I used to think they had to be long to be real

I used to think they had to be articulate to be understood

I used to think that I had to get on bended knee to be sincere

I used to think that I had to know the scriptures to hear him speak

I used to think that I would have to be sorry over and over again to be forgiven

But then  

I learned they could be short to be real

I learned they could be messy to be understood

I learned that I could pray wherever, whenever and he knows my heart

I learned that all I needed was to be still to hear his voice

I learned that he removed my sin as far as the east is from the west and I am forgiven

Today I am thankful that God can see the intention of my heart. He doesn’t need me to elaborate to understand the pain, the confusion, the disappointment. Even in my joys he knows my spirit is soaring. I’m thankful for the simple prayers and that he knows the depth of me. Even when I clutch my hands together and close my eyes yet the burden is too heavy and I’m exhausted of words he is still with me.

Prayer is taking on a new meaning for me and so different than the complexity I once made of it. It’s becoming sweeter, deeper, and stronger as I find its more about the condition of my heart than fancy words, memorized scripture verses, and elaborate apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment