Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Top 3 Reads

I don’t have a lot of time to read so when I do I really want to enjoy it. I wanted to share a few of my absolute favorite books that I have read over the past few years  that have either been for self-improvement or just plain old fun.

Number 1 pick- Mark of the Lion by Francine Rivers
The first book or set of books shall I say that I HIGHLY recommend is the Mark of the Lion Trilogy by Francine Rivers. Anything and everything this lady writes is amazing and truly life changing. I have already read the trilogy twice in less than 2 years and ready for my third run through. It’s that good! The main Character in the first two books is Hadassah and she is everything I want to be as a Christian woman, this girl blows me away. She a plain girl that is called ugly quite often but her humble heart shines through to make her one of the most beautiful girls I have ever known….given this is not a true story but Francine Rivers is such an amazing writer that she makes this girl come to life and truly will shape your heart in a whole new way as a woman of God.A little excerpt of each book from Barnes and Noble
#1 A Voice in the Wind: Torn by her love for a handsome aristocrat, a young slave girl clings to her faith in the living God for deliverance from the forces of decadent Rome.
#2 An Echo in the Darkness: Turning away from the opulence of Rome, Marcus is led by a whispering voice from the past into a journey that could set him free from the darkness of his soul.
#3 As Sure As the Dawn: Atretes. German warrior. Revered gladiator. He won his freedom through his fierceness . . . but his life is about to change forever.
Mark of the Lion Trilogy: An Echo in the Darkness/As Sure as the Dawn/A Voice in the Wind

Number 2 -Pick Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
Okay, Okay I’m not doing a promo for Francine or anything but seriously this lady has captured my heart with her beautiful penmanship. Redeeming love truly showed me that God can take any situation and make beauty from the ashes and that there is redeeming love for all of us.
Redeeming Love

Number 3 Pick- Sex and the Soul of a Woman
This is my go to when I’m struggling with purity or if I need reminders of what a true value it is to protect our hearts in a world of casual dating. I highly recommend this book for any girl who is waiting for marriage or wants to re-claim purity.
 Sex and the Soul of a Woman: How God Restores the Beauty of Relationship from the Pain of Regret
Hugs!
Nicole Renee

1 comment:

  1. I am always on the look out for a good read. Thanks for the recommendations. =)

    Aloha,
    'just wanted to thank ya for joining me for An Aloha Affair. We have a beautiful team of bloggers hosting this week and I would so love it if you'd join us, again.
    'hope to see ya soon.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete