Tuesday, November 13, 2012

We as Mothers



They say it takes a tribe to raise a child...at least I heard that somewhere and so far I would have to agree. Without the help of my family, friends, and most importantly the grace of Jesus I would be the oldest looking thirty year old you have ever seen (let's not mention the patch of gray hair growing in already). Yet there is something about  being a mother, its such a blessing to be her. There is something so beautiful about how we as mothers can stand strong willing to take on any duty to ensure that our children are safe and loved. There is something so beautiful about how we as mothers want to understand every hurt and sing every praise. The gray hairs, the strife, the worry, the joys, the laugh out loud moments all becomes this big beautiful story unfolding that will one day be reflected in who our children grow up to be. I love being a mother to such a wonderful son with a heart for others and a sense of humor that cracks me up.

5 comments:

  1. i agree, being a mother is definitely not for the faint of heart, but it is the greatest blessing we can have as women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such an amazing mother! thank you for your example :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you are such an amazing inspiration to me and so many other girls!

      Delete
  3. oh and soooo worth the greys!
    that is a lovely picture..your smiles are great!!
    I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete