Sunday, July 21, 2013

Strong God

Uneasiness has been taking over my life for the past two weeks. I'm going through alot of changes, mostly good but in the midst of the changes I have been flooded with anxiety. The anxiety has been different than I have experienced in the past, it felt more like a wall. Something in me was paralyzed to fully embrace and love the way I know the way I'm suppoed to with an open heart. Like in my last post I felt that lastely God has been stretching me spiritually but it was getting to the point where I was going to break if he didn't let up a little.

But then today I had a break through, in church we sang "Manifesto" and we reached the part in the song where we sing the Lords prayer....Thy kingdom come, they will be done, give us our daily bread, forgive us our trespasses, lead us not into temptation...deliver us from evil. As I spoke those words...Deliver us from evil, I found relief from the suffocating anxiety I was feeling. It was in that verse I was reminded that there is more than one thing vying for my attention and the devil is on the prowl. He knows when I'm soaring high and being obedient and he wants to distract me from receiving joy, peace and love. He so easily wants me to doubt how strong our God is and that God can do all things. So after that song as I digested this thought it was nn that moment I called out to Jesus. I kept calling out his name and told the negative thoughts that were plaguing my thoughts to flee. When I was done with my prayer I knew Jesus rescued me when peace, truth, and love renewed in my spirit.

I don't want to get extreme here but I do believe that the devil knows when we are upon greatness and when we are on fire for good things. Nothing pisses upsets him more than to see us bearing fruit in the name of Jesus. I was trying to figure out what was wrong with me, why I was feeling so heavy, distressed and weary. I was focusing so much on trying to figure out the cause that I became withdrawn, self-centered, and confused exaclty where the bad guy wants me.

Our God is strong and he is our protector, I'm so thankful for a loving God I can call on in the midst of fear, darkness and chaos. Call out to him in the midst of your struggle, he is your Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment