Saturday, January 21, 2012

In this for love





When I look at others I don't want to envy what they have, I want to praise you for what I have been given.


I don't want to pray to get something, I want to pray so you can know me.


I want to see you everywhere, not just when its convenient for me.


Lord I want to be in this for the love, not the blessing.


Somehow refine this selfish heart of mine to see things as you do.


In the bitterness built up from hurts, soften me to find compassion again.


Lord let this life of mine be used to be there for others, and not just my dreams


Turn my "I"s and "Me's" into they and their needs


Lord I want to be in this for the love, not what is in it for me.











Overwhelmed with this need to pursue all the things I want to do, I find myself discontent. That is what happens when we put too much focus on what we want to do. I want to take the emphasis off me and humbly submit my life to the Lord. When our sights are set on the

Lord, he overwhelms us with peace because he takes off the pressure and lets us rest in his assurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment