Saturday, January 14, 2012

Loneliness

I hate being lonely. That empty place where it seems the whole world walked out or no one understands you. That desolate land that can have you searching for answers to why you are the way you are, or why people are what they are. Sometimes we are too numb to even care about the answers anymore.




I don't think anyone likes feeling lonely and my heart breaks when others around me feel that way. Whenever I'm going through a time of lonliness I find my heart to be completely humbled and defenseless. I find my heart longing for a miracle, for something to rescue me. When nothing changes and I'm stuck in a pit of despair and hopelessness I wonder why its happening to me.




Lately I've been going through this and my perspective is starting to change. In our loneliness maybe God is trying to get our attention, maybe he wants us to know that he understands, maybe he wants us to remember who we are to Him. Maybe it takes the yearning that loneliness brings for God to show us who we are now and who he wants us to be. Maybe it takes loneliness to be in need of our Savior and to know we may feel lonely but we are never really alone at all.




Maybe I made all these mistakes so I could be lonely
and in my lonliness I can face who I am
and as I do I know I can't face it alone




Maybe this is where I need to be to feel again
and in my loneliness I let the tears fall without anyone to see
and as I pour out my heart I become vulnverable




Maybe this is where I come to face to face with my fears and failures
and in my lonliness I discover what unconditional love is
and somehow I remember that he understands




Maybe this is where I find there is something alive in me still
and in my loneliness I am given grace to be someone new
and I find relief from trying to do it on my own




Maybe this is what it takes to deal with my brokenness
and in my loneliness I find that there is beauty that can be restored
and I find new strength to keep moving forward




Maybe I had to be deserted to be found again
and in my loneliness I find I was never forsaken
and I realize that I may have felt lonely but I was never really alone




Inspirational Verses for Loneliness



Psalm 142:5-7 “I cry to you, O LORD; I say,“You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.” Listen to my cry, for I am in desperate need; rescue me from those who pursue me, for they are too strong for me. Set me free from my prison, that I may praise your name. Then the righteous will gather about me because of your goodness to me.” (NIV)




Psalms 27:10“When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.” (KJV)



Lamentations 3:24-25 “”The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I have hope in Him.” The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the person who seeks Him.” (NASB)




Psalm 9:10 “And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you.” (ESV)

3 comments:

  1. Loneliness is a harsh reality for most of us but keep your head up, you won't be lonely long :)

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better hun. You are to pretty!

    www.nmephotoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS. Love your perspective. So right.

    It's amazing how some of the hardest times in my life have been the moments where God has been the most real.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete