Sunday, January 1, 2012

The She I Want To Be






The she I want to be
In the distance she can see herself, all the things she wanted to be. She is filled with such joy, everyone wants to be around her. She has such dignity and gentleness, there is a warm smile for everyone. When she praises it's for real, from her heart. She does not worship for others or to be seen. She worships because she is so in love with the Lord she stands unashamed, unafraid. She has a fearless look in her eyes, passionate and alive with new ideas and possibilities. When she serves its apparent that there is no place that she would rather be. She is focused in fulfilling the lives of others and she makes people feel special and loved.

Halfway
Wouldn't it be nice if we could be her, the she we wanted to be. It’s a constant process but right now I feel so halfway. I'm in the balance of jumping in with all my heart and holding on for dear life to the known. But as I think about it the known I realize its jaded, tainted, and world-weary. The known is played out and nothing looks better than the she I can be. I'm ready for a new season of becoming. No more wishing I was this way or that but making it happen. I've been duped for the past few years by myself and by the lies the enemy wants me to believe. Duped into a corner of holding onto the known and not living free.

Faith and freedom
I speak of my faith, I write of my faith but I can't stop there. I need to live by faith, to walk by faith. "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Hebrew 11:1. Right now we may not see the she in us we want to be but that doesn't mean we can't be her. My desire is to let go of the known and do things different. Should I dare believe that I'm a beautiful daughter that is worth a lot to the Lord? Should I dare believe that I can brush off my heartaches and believe that God has a plan for me? Should I dare believe that I can pursue my dreams and make them come true? Should I dare believe that faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see? I dare believe and can't wait to see what faith can do.

2 comments:

  1. And I believe too! Sending you all the best in 2012. New follower by way of the wiegands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cute blog and I love your focus!! You can be the girl of your dreams!

    ReplyDelete